Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Importance of Making Stuff

By Nick of Megalomania Zine

I started reading Dreamwhip and Cometbus when I was around fourteen and I grew to love the way they described the everyday-ness of life, with all its long, mundane parts and little inspiring sexy bits. To me, they made writing seem really possible. Over time, I learned that my favorite type of zine was the kind that blended sketches with handwritten text, so I try to make that kind of content. It seems to me that this is a better way to tell a story, because I think you gain a deeper understanding of an author and their experience by seeing their pen strokes. It’s more intimate.

Normally, my writing is a lot less serious than this post. Be sure to check out more of my stuff at www.megzine.com!




Thank you for reading and your support.  This would not be possible without you!

Please follow us on Google+TwitterFacebook, and Pinterest.

If you have any submissions, questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please feel free to contact me at: LukeArchaism@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment